Singing Teacher in Glasgow
Email: [email protected]
I have many years of singing experience across several genres and really enjoy sharing and spreading my passion for singing and songwriting.
Whilst in school I competed in local and national Scots singing competitions and undertook lead roles in musical theatre productions both with my local theatre group and Youth Music Theatre UK. Whilst living and working in Aberdeen, I was the voice of Audrey 2 in Attic Theatre’s 2016 production of ‘Little Shop of Horrors’, and played Sarah in the Scottish Premiere of ‘Murder Ballad’ with Harlequin Theatre. in 2017.
I have been singing in bands since I was 13, most recently singing and playing bass for the rock band ‘Still’, who released an EP entitled ‘Colours’ in 2013 and two singles (‘Bottle’ and ‘Waiting For Who?’) in 2015. Whilst studying HND Music at the North East of Scotland College, I wrote and recorded a solo EP and album under the pseudonym ‘Almost Alice’, both as of yet unreleased. Now based in Glasgow and re-branding as ‘Modern Sonder’, I released my debut emo-rock EP ‘Crisis, Grace & Growth’ on the 16th of October 2020. I am continuing to work on my own original music alongside teaching singing.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- Several years of pop and musical theatre session vocals experience
- Extensive vocal recording experience
- Experienced wedding/event performer as a solo act and part of an acoustic/full band
- Several years of community music facilitation
- Experience working with children / young people with additional support needs (was a pupil support assistant in schools for years)
- First Class BA (Hons) Commercial Music from the University of the West of Scotland
- HND Music
- ALCM Music Teaching Diploma
- Grade 8 LCM Pop Vocals (Distinction)
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located on central Glasgow. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking. I also offer online and mobile lessons (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
“Absolutely great vocal coach, lessons are very productive and insightful, has helped me to begin flourishing as a singer. Would highly recommend to anyone!”
“I was really anxious about trying to sing but Jazz immediately put me at ease and provided lots of encouragement. As a result I’ve grown in confidence and look forward to our lessons which are always good fun, instructive and informative. I would recommend her without hesitation.”