Music Theory & Piano Teacher in Leeds
Email: [email protected]
My name is George MacDonald and I am a professional piano player and piano teacher based just outside of Leeds city centre. I work with students of all ages and abilities, helping them develop and achieve their musical ambitions. I cover all of the major styles, including Classical, Pop and Jazz and understand the importance of finding what’s right for each student.
Every lesson will be personally tailored to you because everyone is different! Whether you have a clear goal in mind or are a total beginner just looking to kickstart your musical journey, we can work together to make this a reality.
Here is a quick summary of my Piano lessons:
- Experienced, Qualified and Inspiring Piano Teacher
- Prices: £25/hour, £15/half hour
- All Styles Taught (Inc. Classical, Pop, Jazz)
- All Ages Welcome. You’re never too young/old to start!
- All Abilities Catered For. Your lesson will be unique to you!
To book your first lesson, or if you have any questions and want to find out more about me and my piano teaching, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- George MacDonald began his musical education aged 7, taking classical lessons from a local piano teacher in his hometown in Cornwall. At age 12, his interest in jazz and swing sparked as he came under the tutelage of Jonathan Delbridge. With Johnathan, George worked his way through the jazz grading system before completing his DipLCM in Jazz Piano
- George studied at Leeds College of Music from 2014-2017, under the guidance of internationally acclaimed pianists Ivo Neame, Les Chisnall and David Newton. Since graduating, George has established himself as an integral part of the Leeds music scene, performing regularly around the city. His ensembles have and continue to tour extensively around the UK including performances alongside Mercury nominated Shabaka Hutchins and his band Sons of Kemet
- Alongside this, George has been teaching Piano lessons for over 3 years. George uses his passion for music to inspire students, helping them work towards their goals. His unique teaching style has helped many students develop at an impressive rate, allowing them to realise their musical dreams
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located on East Park Street, Leeds, LS9 9NF, UK. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking. I also offer mobile lessons (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my mobile lessons simply get in touch.
“I have received lessons from George for just over a year. Music has always been an important part of my life but recently I decided to take it more seriously and sourced George to begin piano lessons with me. He is a great teacher who understands both where I am at currently and where I’d like to get to. We work together to find ways to make learning fun and easy. George is always professional and reliable and I have found learning with him to be a real joy. He has kept me enthusiastic about playing the piano, which is no mean feat as I get easily distracted!”
“I found George when my son’s Piano teacher moved away. We were looking for someone who had the enthusiasm to keep Luke engaged with his piano lessons. Since starting with George about 9 months ago, Luke has come on leaps and bounds. I found that George asked Luke what he wanted to learn, and found pieces and exercises that he enjoyed playing. Because of this, it’s been significantly less of a struggle to get Luke to sit down and play.
Whilst I still have to encourage him sometimes, I’ve found he generally gets on with practice on his own. George is polite, punctual and easy to communicate with. Luke is a part of multiple sports teams which makes regular lessons difficult at times. George is always able to rearrange and we find a time that works for both of us. I would recommend George as a tutor to anyone who is struggling to get their child engaged with the piano, his teaching style and eagerness to get the most out of Luke is impressive!”