Online Singing Teacher
Email: [email protected]
Hello, my name is Catherine and I am a professional Opera Singer and singing teacher based in London and Florida.
My musical journey began at the age of 7 when I joined the Oxford Youth Choirs. I started learning with soprano Rebecca Mosely-Morgan and after a few years I took up a scholarship to study singing at the Royal Academy of Music in London. After continuing my studies with a Postgraduate Diploma from the Royal College of Music, I was taken on by English National Opera as a Harewood Artist, performing lead roles on the stage of the London Coliseum from 2011-2018. I have been lucky enough to have sung under the batons of Sir Edward Gardner, Sir Mark Elder, Mark Wigglesworth, Michael Hoffstetter, Gianluca Marciano among others.
I have performed in the Royal Opera House, Royal Albert Hall and venues across the UK and Europe. Garnering rave reviews such as ‘Vocally plumtious’, by Hugh Canning in The Sunday Times and ‘chameleonic’ by The Spectator. “Catherine Young almost stole the show as a regulation traumatised, serially drunk and abused Pauline – bringing some point and many diversions to a cipherish character”- Opera Now
Alongside my career as a performer, I have enjoyed teaching and passing on the joy of singing to many. I think music is healing and collaborative, and I wish to spread the knowledge I have gained from devoting my life to it.
I like to teach healthy vocal production techniques, based on the bel canto school.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
English National Opera Harewood Artist
- Brangaene (Cover) Tristan and Isolde Wagner – Cond. Edward Gardner Dir. Daniel Kramer
- Adalgisa (Cover) Norma Bellini – Cond. Stephen Lord Dir. Christopher Alden
- 2nd Lady The Magic Flute Mozart – Cond. Mark Wigglesworth Dir. Simon McBurney
- Pauline The Queen of Spades Tchaikovsky – Cond. Edward Gardner Dir. David Alden
- Amastris Xerxes Handel – Cond. Michael Hofstetter Dir. Nicolas Hytner revived by Michael Walling
- Octavian, Fox, ENO Gala – Cond. Mark Elder/Edward Gardner/David Pountney
- Kate Pinkerton Madame Butterfly Puccini – Cond. Gianluca Marciano Dir. Anthony Minghella revived by Sarah Tipple
- Orlofsky Die Fledermaus Strauss – Cond. Eun Sun Kim Dir. Christopher Alden
- Medea (Cover) Medea Charpentier – Cond. Christian Curnyn Dir. David McVicar
- 2nd Lady The Magic Flute Mozart – Cond. Nicholas Collon Dir. Nicolas Hytner revived by Iain Rutherford
- Voix de la Tombe Tales of Hoffman Offenbach – Cond. Antony Walker Dir. Richard Jones
- 2nd Norn Götterdämmerung Wagner – Wagner Society of Britain – Cond. David Syrus Dir. Chris Cowell
- Kate Pinkerton Madame Butterfly Puccini – Cond. Oleg Caetani Dir. Anthony Minghella, revived by Sarah Tipple
- Hippolyta A Midsummer Nights Dream Britten – Cond. Leo Hussein Dir. Christopher Alden
- Last Night of the Proms at St Jude’s, Southbank Sinfonia/Simon Over
- Cacao in One Sun, One World, by Peter Rose and Anne Conlon, English Chamber Orchestra, Royal Albert Hall Sea Pictures Elgar, National Schools Symphony Orchestra, Great Malvern Theatre
- ENO Harewood Artists Concert Recitals, with pianists Richard Pierson, Michael Pollock and Joseph Middleton.
- PGDip Vocal Performance, Royal College of Music
- BMus Singing, Royal Academy of Music
I offer online singing lessons to students based around the world via platforms like Zoom. To find out more about my online singing lessons simply get in touch.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.