Vocal Coaching Sessions (Singing Teachers)
I’m owing a few hundred pounds of tax for the year passed and given I now only have Aussie dollars, I thought it might be swell to teach some lovely UK people over skype. This gave me the idea of offering some classes to you guys! I know many of you have a lot of expertise, and I’m not by any measure saying I’m the only one here with things to offer. However, I trained up one singing teacher from scratch in Leeds, have coached another teacher here in Melbourne, and have been training as a teacher with the organisation IVA for almost 4 years now. Also I know a while ago Lily was asking questions about vocal coaching courses, so I’m happy to help people with that too and point people in the right direction or recommend books I’ve found helpful. I’m going to make the sessions pretty cheap as I enjoy this kind of thing anyway. So, if might be interested in booking a session with me, these are the kind of things we could talk about:
– IVA technique (if you’re interested in what the organisation offers, or what “IVA technique” entails)
– Lesson plans
– Troubleshooting voices eg. lacking in strength/lacking in release/flippy voices/strained voices
– What to offer more advanced students
– song interpretation/performance skills
– teaching/workshopping songwriting
– teaching musicality/music theory skills.
It would not be limited to this; if you have any other teaching questions, I’d be happy to help. Or if you’d prefer a simple voice lesson over skype that’s fine too.
Let me know what y’all think of this and if you’d be interested. If you’d prefer to PM me you can do that too :).