Unlock a world of musical knowledge by connecting with passionate musicians across the globe.

Home Forums Music Forum Singers: Vocal Damage (Singing Teachers)

  • Singers: Vocal Damage (Singing Teachers)

    Posted by Guest Teacher on November 9, 2018 at 12:28 pm

    Hi Everyone,

    Just a quick one – I have a relatively new student who I would like to send to a vocal specialist, as I think she may have damage there from singing in a band for many years.

    Any advice about how to go about this? Who to send her to? Do I get a second teachers opinion first? (I’m Southampton based, if that is helpful to know).

    Steph x

    Guest Teacher replied 5 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Laura Ratcliffe

    November 9, 2018 at 12:31 pm

    Hey Steph,

    I would advise her to see her GP who can then refer her to an ENT specialist.

  • Guest Teacher

    November 9, 2018 at 12:31 pm

    Thank you! This is a first for me, so wasn’t really sure where to start! Thanks x

Log in to reply.