Online Bass, Guitar, Singing & Ukulele Teacher
Email: [email protected]
Hi, my name’s Tom Favell. I’m a music teacher and gigging musician and I have worked in music education and the music industry since 2004.
I have taught a variety of instruments for several schools, music services, privately and for after school companies. These instruments/areas of study include:
- Guitar (acoustic/electric/classical/jazz)
- Music Theory (preparation for auditions/interviews/entry exams/GCSE guidance)
- Piano (entry-level)
Alongside teaching, I have been an actively gigging musician both in the UK and overseas. I have played bass for Princess Cruises and worked as a resident guitar vocalist for TUI in Crete, and I have played countless weddings, corporate gigs, bars, restaurants, music festivals and events.
I feel it’s very important to tailor my teaching to each student, dependent on their ultimate goals and desired outcomes for learning an instrument. I also strongly believe that it’s important for my students to enjoy their lessons and get something out of them every week.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- PGCE in Music (Secondary), Manchester Metropolitan University (2011)
- Upper Second Class Degree in Ba (Hons) Popular Music & Recording, Salford University (2010)
- Level 3 Diploma (overall distinction) in Popular Music Practice, Leicester College (2007)
- 5 GCSEs at A*-C (including English/Maths/Music), Judgemeadow Community College (2004)
I offer online bass, guitar, singing, and ukulele lessons. For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
‘Before I started having lessons with Mr Favell, I never realised how much there was to learn about guitar, like different types of scales that I use. Cool!
Tom helped me to prepare for a music theory exam retake to get into uni. If it wasn’t for his knowledge and guidance, I wouldn’t have got onto the course. Thanks mate!
Thank you for being the best piano teacher ever!
We can’t believe how far Thom has come in a year and a half. The influence of your tuition Tom has brought him on leaps and bounds. Thank you!