Viola & Violin Teacher in Berlin
Email: [email protected]
Hello, my name is Julia!
I am an American/English violist and violinist, and I just moved to Berlin. I am a teacher, performer, and artist, and have been teaching since 2016.
I grew up in Boston, Massachusetts, but have also lived in San Francisco, Paris, and Vienna. I also speak French and German, but I teach in English.
I studied viola at The Juilliard School in New York City and took several pedagogy courses there. I am mainly an orchestral musician outside of private teaching and will be working as part of the KAPcampus academy program with the Kammerakademie Potsdam.
Whether you or your child is a complete beginner, returning to the instrument, or looking to take your playing to the next level, I would be thrilled to work with you! I love to work with people of all ages and share my love of music with as many people as I can!
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- The Juilliard School, Master of Music in Viola 2020 – Includes completion of courses in pedagogy and a teaching fellowship
- Tufts University, Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology 2018
- 5+ years of private and group class teaching, beginner to advanced
- Completed pedagogy courses at the Juilliard School Academist Kammerakademie Potsdam
- Former Violist Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Violist Verbier Festival Orchestra
I offer online and mobile lessons (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
To book your first lesson with me, or to find out more about my music lessons, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing me on [email protected].
My daughter loves Julia and has progressed so much in the past few months! Very engaging and professional
Julia has been a phenomenal teacher. She is knowledgeable, patient, and very accommodating. I have been working with her since a very beginner level, and I have seen incredible progress. She has helped me prepare for auditions and to play in an orchestral environment as well. Could not recommend her more!