Singing Teacher in Portsmouth
Email: [email protected]
Josh Robinson is an enthusiastic voice teacher, coach, and choir director. His passion for voice began when singing in his secondary school choir, wanting to know why and how we make the sounds that we do. Years down the line, Josh studied a Voice Studies & Performing Arts programme at The University of Winchester. Josh is now one of the first singing teachers to have first aid in vocal health, being able to offer assessments for those displaying voice problems/dysfunctions.
Josh has always studied the arts, studying his A-Levels/BTECS in Musical Theatre and in Music with Distinctions and Merits across the board. As well as singing, Josh also plays the trumpet and piano.
Josh has also worked professionally as a performer, singing in various venues across the county – these titles include; Winchester Cathedral, Leeds Cathedral, Birmingham Conservatoire, Bamberg, Berlin and performing in front of 25,000 people on the main stage arena at the biggest vintage Jazz Festival ‘Twinwoods’ in Bedfordshire in 2017.
Josh has also worked as a Musical Director, these works include Performing Arts Winchester’s productions of Anything Goes (2017) and Sister Act (2018), in which he worked with large groups of performers with an aim to get them singing efficiently and healthily in a short space of time in a range of styles and qualities. Josh is currently working on Annie as a Musical Director, ensuring that all children and adults involved are singing freely and with minimal effort.
Josh has now been working with singers and speakers over the last three years, bringing people a real sense of confidence, achievement, and helping to build voices so that singing can feel free and easy.
Josh is a member of The Association of Teachers of Singing (AOTOS) and the British Voice Association (BVA) in where he follows the most current knowledge of the voice and gets involved in practical and non-practical work!
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
Josh holds the following qualifications:
- BTEC’s (Equivalent of 4 A-levels): Musical Theatre (Double Distinction), Music (Merit), Arts award (Distinction)
- University of Winchester (BA Hon); Vocal and Choral studies and Performing Arts (2:1)
- Vocal Health First Aider
Other Continuing Professional Development includes:
- Estill for Singing Teachers: Anne Marie-Speed (2017)
- Association of Teachers of Singing: Summer Conference (2017)
- British Voice Association: The Professional Voice User in Trouble (2017)
- Voice Workshop UK: Somatic Voicework: Jeanie Lovetri (2017)
- Feldenkrais: Hip and Pelvis work for Singers (2017)
- British Voice Association: Freeing the Dancers voice (2018)
- Association of Teachers of Singing: Techniques for Music Theatre (2018)
- Teachers Toolkit, Three-month mentoring course, VocAL intuition (2018)
- Advanced Belting, Estill Voice Training (2019)
- Accent Method Breathing – Dane Chalfin & Dr. Ron Morris (2019)
- Breathing and Alignment – Dane Chalfin (2020)
- Primal Voice – Dane Chalfin (2020)
- 10 weeks of vocal technique – Dane Chalfin (2020)
Students & OAP:
I offer online and mobile lessons to students based in and around Portsmouth (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my singing lessons simply get in touch.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.