Violin Teacher in Glasgow
Email: [email protected]
Hi there! I am Eddy.
I’ve been playing the violin for 20 years. I’ve played in thousands of concerts and I taught violin to dozens of pupils. As a member of a family of musicians, my mother decided to put me in a music academy where I started my violin lessons, and immediately discovered that I had a talent for playing the violin. I grew to love the instrument, and with the passing of years, I had the opportunity to study abroad where I became exposed to a varied range of cultures and music teachers that came to form my own musical personality. In my travels and during my studies, I studied at a University in Portugal, a superior conservatory in Amsterdam and ended up doing a Master’s degree in Glasgow.
I started teaching at the age of 22 when my teacher from Portugal asked me to assist some of his pupils. Then I had private students and then I started working in a private academy in Glasgow where I had well over 20 pupils, all from different age ranges, from 5 years old to 65. I also became Andrea Gajic’s assistant for a period of time, where I had the amazing opportunity to teach and support students from the Junior’s Conservatory in the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
I’ve come to love teaching, as well as playing, because I’m a firm believer that if you mastered a skill, then you ought to teach it. Is also fascinating seeing how different and unique each pupil is, and I enjoy the process of getting to know them well, so I can best help them in their own particular way.
I can’t wait to start teaching you the violin! It’s a challenging instrument for sure! But with the right approach and the right guidance, you can love it too!
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- Bachelor of Music (Performance) from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Honours of the Second Class, Upper Division
- Master of Music (Performance) from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Academia Armando Toledo Calle de Elduayen, Vigo, Spain
- Escola Profissional de Arte de Mirandela
- Rua Sarmento Pimentel, 5370-326
- Conservatorium Van Amsterdam
- Conservatorium van Amsterdam; Oosterdokskade 151; 1011 DL Amsterdam
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland – Bachelor of Music Performance
PERFORMANCE & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Member of Orquestra Clássica de Espinho
- Leader of 2nd violins from the 2020-2021 season
- Member of Orquestra XXI
- Live Music Scotland member: Armonia Duo
- Played in more than 20 performances. One concert in the Usher Hall with a 4-star review: https://www.edinburghmusicreview.com/reviews/armonia-duo
- Music Festival, Shostakovich, Quartets complete cycle with Brodsky Quartet
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Beethoven Violin Concerto with The Learig Orchestra at Mannofield Church, Aberdeen
- Participant in Valerie Barr ́s Final Exam, Obtaining A2 as grade
- Selected for Masterclasses at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland with: Nicola Benedetti, Alina Ibragimova, Joseph Swensen and James Ehnes.
- Ambassador for the Benedetti Foundation with Nicola Benedetti
- Benedetti sessions in Glasgow
- National Youth Orchestra of the Netherlands
- Orquestra Clássica de Espinho
- Orquesta Clásica de Vigo
- Orquestra XXI
- Collaborations with RSNO and BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Experience as violin teacher:
- Violin teacher at Melrose Music School and The Glasgow School of Music
- Selected for helping as assistant during the 2018 RCS Summer School
- Assistant to Andrea Gajic in the Junior Conservatoire at RCS
SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
1st prizes in:
- Louis Carus Duo Ensemble Prize
- Dunbar-Gerber Prize for Chamber Music
- Governors’ Recital Prize for Strings 2017
2nd prizes in:
- Concurso Internacional de Música de Sant Andreu de la Barca (Barcelona)
- Concurso Internacional Santa Cecília (Porto)
- Concurso Internacional Cidade de Fundão (Fundão)
This is my CV, so you can have a better grasp of my career until now. I am really proud of the innumerable concerts I’ve played since I started. Particularly important moments for me, was when I played in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, with the “National Youth Orchestra of the Netherlands” or NJO under the guidance of Benjamin Zander.
Another good moment I remember is when I played alongside my music partner, Valerie Barr, in the Usher Hall in Edinburgh and we got a 4 stars review. And last but not least, when I played the 1st violin part alongside the wonderful 2nd violinist of the Brodsky Quartet, Ian Belton, in the Shostakovich Festival at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
During these activities, I remained teaching, as it was always a part of my life as an artist. Both my mother and father are music teachers. I grew up watching them teach. I guess it runs in the family.
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located in Cambridge Street, Glasgow, G3 6RU, UK. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking. I also offer mobile lessons (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
To book your first lesson with me, or to find out more about my music lessons, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing me on [email protected].
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.