Guitar, Music Theory, Piano, Recorder, Ukulele, Viola & Violin Teacher in London
Email: [email protected]
With high Course on Viola, has got a long experience and passion for teaching Music Education and several Instruments, such as:
– the Viola and Violin.
– Portuguese Music Educator and Instrument Teacher.
With Very Good English and French spoken and written, has attended her Viola and Music Studies in Portugal, France and in the UK.
In 2015/16 has lived in London teaching Violin and preparing her students for ABRSM Exams. Invited to play at The International Busking Day, on the 23rd July (2016) has also played, on the Streets, with her Violin students, close to the Houses of Parliament, (Big Ben). (With Licence to play on the Streets given by “Musicians Union”, as a “Musicians Union Member”).
Has started to teach Music Education when was 21 years old: at École Française de Porto. Two years later, decided to apply for Public Schools in Portugal, where has taught Music Education for more than 10 years.
Then, started also to teach Viola and Violin and Music Education in Music Academies in Portugal and as a private Teacher.
As a private Teacher has also been teaching the Recorder and the Guitar (with Chords and Songs in English, Portuguese, French and German).
Great Experience in organizing Concerts with her Violin and Viola, Guitar and Recorder students or preparing them for Violin and Viola ABRSM Exams (or other Exams).
Prepares, also, students for Music Education and Aural Exams. Has been doing Musical Arrangements on Classical Music Pieces and Songs: adapting each Piece to her students Grades and playing with them during the Lessons and in Concerts, (such as the arrangement on the 2nd movement of Dvorak New World Symphony or the Song: “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”, etc.)
Since July 2020 is the first “Teachers Rock UK” International Member and can also prepare students with the Teachers Rock Youth Singing Programme: also online.
In 2020, has joined the “Teachers Rock UK” Virtual Choir with the Founder Ms Debbie Kent, on two Songs:
“Blinded By Your Grace” and “Time After Time”. (Videos on Teachers Rock YouTube).
On the 16th December 2020 has participated in the “Teachers Rock Big Christmas Sing of the Song “New Born King” streamline Event organized by Ms Debbie Kent.
In Portugal, has also supported Portuguese students in their English and French Language studies.
Has been teaching children and young students aged from 5 to 17 years old and also some adults.
Has got Viola and Violin Books (Methods) also for children aged from 4 and 5 years old:
– Viola and Violin “Stringbabies” Books: by Kay Tucker.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- Viola High Studies: (With 3 school years scholarship):
- At École de Musique et de Danse de La Vallée de Chevreuse, Paris Region: (1990/91)
- High Viola and Chamber Music Studies: (With Madame Chantal Lecocq)
- Viola Exam: “Superieur Preparatoire”
- Chamber Music Exam: “Diplome Fin d’Etudes”
- Viola, Chamber Music and Music Education High Studies also in Dijon (Conservatoire de Musique)
and Grenoble (Conservatoire de Musique).
- Bachelor Viola and Music Theory: at Conservatório de Música do Porto: 1980/81 to 1985/86.
- Music Education Bachelor at Conservatório de Música do Porto: 1983:(two Grades in each school year: mark of 18 on 20).
- Viola Exam: mark of 15 on 20
Music Studies in the UK:
- 2014: Summer Music Course on “Music Theory Above Grade V”: (With Mathew Kener):
at Guildhall School of Music and Drama:
- 2012: Spring Term ten weeks Course on Jazz Composition and Instrumental Improvisation (with Gerry Hunt) at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- 2011: Summer Music Course (with the Schools Co.M.A. and E.L.L.S.O.) at Doncaster College
- 2006: Summer Music Course: (with the CoMA School) (Contemporary Music for All)
- March 2005: Workshop on Introduction to Orchestral Direction: (With Cesário Costa):
At Escola das Artes da Universidade Católica Portuguesa: Centro Regional do Porto.
As a Viola Student, played at Orquestra Portuguesa da Juventude (in Portugal).
- Has also played at other students and Professional Orchestras in France and Portugal, such as:
Orchestre Universitaire de Paris and Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto.
- Has finished her Secondary School Studies in Porto, with Studies including seven English and French Language Grades and two German Language Grades.
- Since 2013, has attended almost all the Music and Drama Education Expos, in London.
I offer online and mobile lessons (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
“His most motivated and dedicated Violin Teacher”