Piano, Viola & Violin Teacher in Woodinville
Email: [email protected]
- Playing violin/viola since 2003; classically trained.
- Played the piano for 11 years; classically trained. Will pick it up once in a while.
- Started teaching mostly violin/viola and string chamber since middle school.
- Started with piano, then viola which became my main instrument. I chose viola after my older brother chose violin because I wanted to be different and cooler. He ended up switching to viola later on; viola’s cool like that.
- I also transcribe pop, k-pop, movie and anime music mostly for string quartet/duos and some piano. Some of my arrangements are wedding/gig requests, and I also sell these on sheetmusicplus.com. Transcribing definitely comes in handy for writing and playing duos for students of their favourite songs.
- Decent at improv. Sometimes I get brain farts while playing, sometimes I end up playing a sick run.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- B.Mus in Viola Performance at The University of British Columbia
- Played for a least 100 gigs (weddings, studio recordings, orchestral, opera, church Christmas events etc.) in Vancouver, Canada and in the Seattle area, mostly with viola. First gig, I was in 6th grade in a pit orchestra playing with adults at the Meydenbauer Center, then started paid ones around middle school.
- During high school, won 3rd place at the state competition for string quartet and 6th for solo.
- Orchestrally seated CM and principal violist during middle school and high school, and principal/co-principal violist for over 50+ orchestral performances during university.
- Met and performed for Yo-yo Ma while I was playing with the VSO School of Music Sinfonietta string orchestra.
- Received numerous scholarships during university.
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located in Woodinville, Washington, 98072. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking. I also offer online and mobile lessons (subject to my availability and your location). For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.