Unlock a world of musical knowledge by connecting with passionate musicians across the globe.

Home Forums Accordion Forum accordion for beginners

• Matthew Rusk

Administrator
    July 24, 2023 at 7:20 pm

@bruno-piedigrosso, are you able to help advise in regard to specific brands that are known for producing high-quality beginner accordions?

• Sam Roberts

July 24, 2023 at 7:32 pm

Some of the reputable brands for beginner accordions include:

1. Hohner: Hohner is one of the oldest and most well-known accordion manufacturers. They offer a range of models suitable for beginners, including diatonic and piano accordions.

2. Roland: Known for their digital accordions, Roland provides instruments that can be great options for beginners, especially those interested in exploring different sounds and styles.

3. SofiaMari: This brand offers affordable and quality beginner accordions with good playability and sound.

4. Weltmeister: Based in Germany, Weltmeister is renowned for producing high-quality accordions at various price points, including those suitable for beginners.

5. Excelsior: Excelsior accordions are known for their craftsmanship and sound quality, making them suitable for both beginners and professionals.

6. Saltarelle: A brand with a strong focus on diatonic accordions, Saltarelle instruments are highly regarded for their responsiveness and playability.

7. Castagnari: Another brand specializing in diatonic accordions, Castagnari instruments are known for their excellent craftsmanship and sound.

• charlotte doherty

November 14, 2023 at 7:51 am

I am actually gravitating more towards the rowland, as I have seen some of them employed to do various roles.

• Giovanni Russo

July 24, 2023 at 7:32 pm

You’ve done a great job researching reputable brands for beginner accordions. Each brand you’ve mentioned has its unique strengths and specialties, which can cater to different needs and preferences. Hohner and Weltmeister, for instance, are known for their long-standing tradition and quality, while Roland is popular for its innovative digital accordions. SofiaMari and Saltarelle, on the other hand, offer great value for money with their affordable yet quality instruments. Excelsior and Castagnari are recognized for their excellent craftsmanship and sound.

However, choosing the right accordion also depends on the type of music you’re interested in. For example, diatonic accordions are often used in folk and traditional music, while piano accordions are more versatile and can be used in various music genres.

It’s also important to consider the size and weight of the accordion. As a beginner, you might want to start with a smaller, lighter model that’s easier to handle.

Lastly, remember that the best accordion is the one that feels right for you. It’s highly recommended to try out different models before making a decision.

Do you have any specific music genres you’re interested in, or any other preferences that could help narrow down your choices?

• Bruno Piedigrosso

July 24, 2023 at 8:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply! I actually agree with Sam.

The ones I usually suggest to my students are Hohner, Paolo Soprani and of course Roland as an electronic alternative!

• charlotte doherty

August 7, 2023 at 2:26 am

this thread has a lot of suggestions. this has been very helpful

• charlotte doherty

August 15, 2023 at 11:00 am

Absolutely! Some reputable brands for quality beginner accordions include Hohner, Rossetti, and SofiaMari. These brands offer reliable instruments with good sound and durability for those starting their accordion journey. Do explore different models and consult experienced players for more insights. Happy accordion playing!

• Parul Chadha

September 7, 2023 at 8:00 am

For new beginner you should firstly you should teach them old bands. This will give them experience how to play music. This will help them to improve their skills, after which they can play new bands and show their talent in concerts.

• charlotte doherty

September 25, 2023 at 2:06 am

Thanks a lot. This will surely put my skills up a notch even though I don’t plan to play in a band.

• charlotte doherty

September 7, 2023 at 8:17 am

I have seen some vintage roland’s that stood the test of time.

• charlotte doherty

September 27, 2023 at 9:12 am

Would you suggest digital accordions?