Online Singing Teacher
Email: [email protected]
Hello! I’m Zani. I’m a singer/songwriter, performer and certified voice teacher. I’ve been singing and performing since the age of five.
My life has been an adventure that has taken me to live in many countries. I’ve been immersed in a variety of different cultures, exposing me to a broad diversity of musical and singing styles. One fundamental truth I’ve learned is that no two voices are alike. A ‘beautiful voice’ can mean many different things and have so many different nuances.
Our voice is like the signature of our soul. So, why should we all sound alike?
After completing my voice teacher training certificate with New York Vocal Coaching (2020) I founded Voice By Design, my voice teaching studio.
My passion and mission is helping “non-singers” to discover their singing voice and help them design and define their unique sound. I believe that everyone can sing if they truly want to. It’s just a matter of connecting with the right voice teacher and committing to the time and practice it takes to develop a singing voice they can be proud of.
If you’ve always wanted to sing confidently outside the shower or your car, let’s talk. If you already sing a bit but are too shy or afraid to take it a step further, let’s talk. If you feel you have a pretty good voice but that you could use some training and discipline, let’s talk.
Let’s just have a friendly conversation about the dreams you have for your singing voice. I’ll explain my philosophy, how my voice lessons are focussed, and propose a design plan for your voice. If you feel it’s right for you and you want to give me a try, excellent. If not, no worries whatsoever.
Singing is such a personal experience and we can feel very vulnerable about it. I’ve personally experienced very uncomfortable voice lessons where I didn’t feel supported or understood. In fact, more often than not, I’ve left voice lessons feeling inadequate, like a failure and wanting to quit…which eventually I always did. I never felt like the voice teacher even tried to connect with me at my level. For years I looked for a singing method or voice teacher that I could connect with. I was mostly self-taught but I knew I needed to up my game.
Eventually, I found what I was looking for and I was so excited about it that I decided to study it not only for myself as a singer but to train as a voice teacher as well. It is my goal to connect with other singers who, like myself, have experienced discouragement, disappointment or a disconnect with singing methods and voice teachers. I want you to know that I understand completely! I’m wholeheartedly committed to creating a voice learning experience where you feel safe and supported while we explore the uncharted territory of the bountiful ocean of sound that lies within you.
I hope that some or all of these words will inspire you to get in touch. Let’s chart a whole new course for your voice. Together we’ll design your sound and define your style.
Yours in Music and Sound,
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
What am I most proud of musically?
- My desire and drive to continually learn and expand and challenge myself as a singer.
- My ability to learn almost anything by ear.
- My accurate sense of rhythm and pitch.
- My ability to sing and pronounce well in a variety of languages.
- My ability to perform confidently as a solo artist as well as a backing/supporting vocalist.
What are my Qualifications?
- Degree: BS Psychology
- Certificates: Voice Teacher; EFL Teacher (English as a Foreign Language); Vocal Toning & Sound Healing
What are my Musical Achievements?
As a singer: Discography as invited guest vocalist
- *Sambaguru, “Ginga” L.A., U.S.A.
- *Prince Diabate (Guinea Konakry) “New Life” L.A. U.S.A.
- *Alain Nkossi Konda (DRC), “Fololo, Fire” Munich, GERMANY
- *Alex Ikot (Equatorial Guinea) –“Village Rhythm” Madrid, SPAIN
- *Nelida Ohia Karr (Equatorial Guinea) – “Land of Beauty” Madrid Spain
- *Compilations: Diaspora for Africa Vol 2 & 3
As a performer (in various bands and fronting my own band)
Festivals of Importance:
- *San Diego Street Scene, California U.S.A. 2000
- *Grand Performances at California Plaza, Los Angeles U.S.A.2001
- *World Festival of Sacred Music, Los Angeles U.S.A. 2002
- *Festival Ojeando, Ojen SPAIN 2005
- *Festival ArteSano, Marbella SPAIN 2006 & 2007
- *Festival Internacional de Música Étnica de Chiclana 2010.
- *Festival Ellas Crean, Madrid SPAIN 2010 & 2011
- *FESTIMAD Madrid SPAIN 2011 & 2012
Live Gigs with my own bands:
- *Various locations and prestigious venues throughout Spain, 2005-2017
- *Sessions Acoustiques des Auteurs-compositeurs, Marrakesh Morocco 2018 & 2019
I offer online singing lessons. For more information about my online lessons simply get in touch.
To book your first lesson with me, or to find out more about my music lessons, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing me on [email protected].
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.