Cello Teacher in London
Email: [email protected]
Sofiko Tvauri was born in 1988 in Latvia.
Sofiko is multiple award-winning performers, having played in competitions all over Europe. Her performances include playing in a chamber group with Julian Lloyd Webber and Valentin Erben, and she has played in prestigious venues such as Wigmore Hall, Royal Festival Hall, Cadogan Hall, Wagner Hall, St. James`s Church Piccadilly in London, Culture Hall, President Hall and Moscow Hall in Latvia, and Tbilisi State Conservatory in Georgia.
At the moment she is focused on teaching and holding Deputy position at Royal College of Music, organizing concerts for youth musicians in London and regular Intensive on-board courses outside London.
Her 12 years of cello teaching experience, both in schools and privately, has also led to a 100% success record for her students in ABRSM exam grades 1-8, as well as successfully preparing her students for competitions and performances.
Young cello teachers training available. All materials provided. Recording of one of my students can be viewed below:
Additionally, I run 5 days Intensive Cello Masterclass during Spring and Summer Holidays for those who are interested. I speak English, Russian, Georgian and Latvian. Please get in touch for more details.
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
My students are laureates of national and international competitions and festivals.
- 2013 Bulgary international competition. 1st prize in cello category and 2nd prize in chamber music. Katarina Khan (cello)
- 2018 Sutton Music Festival 1st priz,e Larry Jang (Instrumental –Violoncello solo, Grade 6 &7),
- 2018 Redhill and Reigate Festival – 1st prize Alexander Stevenson cello solo, 2st prize in duo category with Mila Stevenson.
- 2018 Kingston Upon Thames Festival – Alicia de Silva 1st prize.
- 2019 National Children Orchestra – Alexander Stevenson.
- 2019 ProCorda – Alexander Stevenson.
- 2019 National Youth Orchestra – Euna Oh
- 2019 Royal College of Music, Junior Department – Euna Oh
- 2019 Horsham Performers Platform – Larry Jang (Distinction), Charlie Jang (Commended).
- 2019 Sutton Music Festival – 1st prize Alicia de Silva.
- 2019 Kingston Upon Thames Festival -Larry Jang 1st prize, Charlie Jang.
- 2020 North International Music Competition – Larry Jang 2nd prize.
- 2020 Kingston Upon Thames Festival – 1st Prize in Grade 1 category and
- 1st prize in beginner class for Ray-Chinh.
- 2020 Sutton Music Festival – Distinction performance, Grade 2 and 3 class, Katherine Ajaz.
- 2020 Sutton Music Festival – 2nd place an outstanding performance Own choice class, Katherine Ajaz.
- 2021 London Young Musician season 3, grade 1 Gold prize for Ray-Chinh.
- 2021 London Young Musician annual championship under 9 Silver prize Ray-Chinh.
- 2021 Royal Academy of Music, Junior Department – Oregon Thia Gerrits.
- 2021 Royal College of Music, Junior Department – Larry Yang
- 2021 Putney High School Music Festival under 9, 2nd prize Ray-Chinh.
100% success record for ABRSM exam grades 1-8, as well as successfully preparation for competitions and performances.
*We are running “Virtuozi -Concerto Series For Youth Musicians” in co-operation with RCM JD professors and their students.
Please note that the lesson price will depend on level and goal.
Beginners (approx. Grade 1-4) £60 p/h.
Lessons for competition and audition preparation are £75p/h.
Intermediate to Advance (approx. Grade5-8) £75 p/h.
Diploma and Advance £90
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located on Kingston Road, London, SW20 8SA, UK. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking.
We’ve been with this wonderful young lady for over two years now. With her help and teaching, my DD has grown a solid interest into cello, not to mention her feeling about Sofiko. Sofiko is always well prepared, patient, calm and ready to deal with any emotional disruption. The best of all is her explaination about the music piece. She would make it into a story. We were so lucky to have her.
Sofiko is an outstanding music teacher on several different levels: on one hand, she is inspiring as a musician in her own right, on the other hand, she is an outstanding tutor. She is patient with children and quite focused and results-oriented at the same time. She’s been teaching my children for 9 years and achieved results we’ve never thought possible. Highly reccomended!
Sofiko is a highly experienced, friendly and knowledgeable cello teacher. Since starting lessons with Sofiko, my son has progressed a lot more than with his previous teachers and is enjoying his lessons enormously. Her attention to detail is incredible and she always finds the best ways to explain tricky technical points so that a 10 year old can understand. I thoroughly recommend Sofiko.
Sofiko has been teaching my boys since the were age 5 and 6. My oldest son’s grade exam results are always Distinction. Appart of awards he already got in a past now we are preparing for RCM Junior department audition, Viena Music and Harrow International competitions. My youngest is 5 years old and he started Cello with Sofiko 9 months ago and he already did two concerts and got 1st prize at Kingston Festival. I am so happy the way Sofiko is teaching. She is very organised and her piece choices are full of variety so kids never get board. I do strongly recommend her.