Online & In-Person Bass Teacher in London
Email: [email protected]
David has been a professional musician and Educator since graduation from his degree in 2011 from the institute of contemporary music, since that time he has worked with some major label artist including Ella Eyre, John Newman, Clean Bandit, Foxes, OH Wonder, Prep, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Becky Hill, Rationale, JC Stewart etc.
David has played some of the largest and most prestigious venues in the UK, Europe and the US including The Royal Albert Hall, Brixton Academy, Shephards Bush Empire, London KoKo, Manchester Arena, The SSe Hydro, Wembley Arena, Liverpool arena, Red Rocks amphitheatre, Roseland Theatre, Rapids Theatre, Hammersmith Eventim Apollo, Royal Festival Hall, London Palladium etc. David has also Played at some of the following festivals across Europe, Glastonbury festival, Isle of Wight Festival, Sziget Festival, Balaton Sound, Untold Festival, TRNSMT Festival, Parklife Festival, T in the Park, Wireless Festival, Pukkelpop Festival, V Festival, Latitude festival, Camp Bestival, Henley Festival etc.
David has always been a dedicated educator and mentor and has managed to maintain a healthy private teaching practice along with live and studio work, having several early longtime students go on to work professionally within the music industry on high profile gigs themselves. David prides himself on his ability to pass on the things has has learned throughout his extensive career as well as from his time at the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance and Studying Privately with Some of the greats of the instrument (Paul Westwood, Robin Mullarkey, Rufus Philpot, Joe Hubbard).
Things to focus on with Students:
- Basic technique (left and right hand placement etc).
- Learning songs.
- Scales, arpeggios, modes and their positions on the instrument.
- Harmony and theory.
- Sight reading.
- Studying time feel.
- Advanced techniques (slapping, pick playing etc)
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
- Diploma in music (1st) from West Herts College
- Higher diploma in music (1st) form West Herts College
- Studied privately with esteemed bass teacher Paul Westwood (author of the Bass Bible 1 &2, countless TV/Film sessions)
- BMus degree in music (2.1) from the Institute of Contemporary music performance
- Studied Privately with London Bass Player Robin Mullarkey
- Studied Privately with UK bass/Jazz educator Joe Hubbard
- Studied Privately with Esteemed New York teacher Garry Dial
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located in London, W10 4DW, UK. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking. I also offer online bass lessons. For more information about my music lessons simply get in touch.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.