Drum Teacher Online & In-Person in London
Email: [email protected]
Hi, i’m Olie, I have studied drum kit grades and to university level at LCCM in London. I now teach mon – fri term time in schools in London and perform in bands and orchestras.
During holidays (half terms, Christmas, Easter and Summer), I am available for online and in person lessons.
I have loads of experience teaching kids and young adults, as well as older students.
My lessons are fun and tailored to the individual. If you have a specific song/technique you would like to study, or are just looking for a great way to let of some steam, get in touch!
I use Rockschool, Trinity Classical & Jazz and Trinity Rock & Pop and have passed students in all syllabuses.
I also have my own library of song charts for beginner to advanced players and am welcome to suggestions from you of what songs you would like to learn!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Music Qualifications & Achievements:
I have a 2:1 Bmus in Performance & Production from LCCM. The skills I have learned from my degree are as follows:
- I am a competent reader, able to sight read music for musical theatre, jazz and Latin arrangements
- I have an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of styles: Jazz, Latin, Funk, Orchestral, Rock, German oompah music
- I gig regularly, in all of the styles above, I am often called at short notice to dep gigs when the main drummer can’t make it
- My ears have improved greatly by going to jazz jams, attending lots of gigs, seeing how the pros do it
- My university was more like an academy, meaning it was 95% practical, in my final year I was in every day 9am-9pm, rehearsing or doing individual practice, the improvement in my playing would not have been equalled had I done a more academic degree
- My ability to work in a team and just communicate with other people has greatly improved. In my final year, I was asked by a lot of my peers to play for their recitals, I was overwhelmed with work but managed to pull through, and as a result, I have created a good reputation for myself and a long list of musical contacts, something very valuable
- I have learned music theory, e.g. I have had to write music for string quartet, jazz combos, salsa bands. And have also created backing tracks for my own original music
- Using electronic sounds within a normal acoustic set-up is something I do regularly now. I often have a metronome in my ears on live gigs and have to play specific electronic sounds in time through a Roland SPDSX, this gives me the ability to replicate specific sounds from studio versions of tracks
|1 hour (Online)||£40.00|
|1 hour (In-Person)||£60.00|
I teach my lessons from a teaching space located on Thorne Road, London, SW8 2BY, UK. My full teaching address will be provided upon your first lesson booking. I also offer online lessons to students based around the world, to find out more about learning drums online with me simply get in touch. I’m available for in person and online lessons during all school holidays.
To book your first lesson with me, or to find out more about my music lessons, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing me on [email protected].
“My 6 years old son loves his drum lesson with Olie and looks forward to it every week. Olie is friendly, great fun, knowledgeable and a patient teacher. His lessons are effective, motivating and very enjoyable.”